Adam and Beth's crazy world of fumbling through parenthood and trying to raise little saints
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Just a Short Rant on Privacy
So, I'm getting my hair cut the other day, and once again, someone asked me if we were done having children. Umm . . .hello, that's a VERY personal question (and people complain that the Church need to get out of their bedroom). Not that I don't mind explaining how we don't know how many children God will give us, and we pray about it, etc. But, why do we think that its okay to ask a virtual stranger how many children they will have? Maybe next time, I will be blunt and say, "well, we don't believe in artificial contraception, because its often an abortifacent, and is bad for marriage, and not what God intended for the marital embrace. . ." And then ask them how many more children they are planning on having. But, I guess that wouldn't be very Christian of me. Let me know if you have any good responses for this question I hear oh so often.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think people ask because they WANT to be able to trust God more and put God in the center of their lives, marriage, etc but are scared. I think people find it amazing when they meet people who put their sexual life in the hands of God because our media tells us to do everything but that. Maybe next time they ask if you are done you can respond with "Oh Gosh, I sure hope not" which then might lead to a great conversation about faith. I am kind of glad people do ask because it gives us another chance to evangelize where if people never pried into our business then we might miss a great opportunity to even mention the words Natural Family Planning and get people interested.
ReplyDeleteHow about, "Not as long as my husband is still this handsome."
ReplyDelete