I kept thinking all we have to do is get through Alayna's birthday and then I can focus on packing and getting ready for Kristen to come. Kristen must've known this, because at 5:20 a.m. the next moring she decided to come 11 days early. I had just packed the night before. Adam and I finished up our packing, showered, threw in a load of laundry and were taking our time in leaving. We were waiting for the contractions to really get going, though Adam was anxious to beat rush hour traffic and go (I told him don't worry babies don't come in 3 hours). Aunt Lisa arrived shortly after 6:00 to watch John Paul and Alayna, and Adam ran to Wal-Mart for some last minute items we wanted for the water birth. By the time Adam got back, I was ready to go as the contractions were really taking my breath away. After arriving at the hospital, we slowly made our way up to Labor and Delivery between contractions. Just before 8:00 I was 5 cm. and I was ready for an epidural. They got me to the delivery room, put me in the proper bed, and reassured me they had ordered my epidural (ask Adam about this). I was ready to push!!! I had gone from 5 to 10 cm. in approximately 20 minutes. It was very intense! At 8:20 a.m. Kristen Anne Carter mader her appearance, weighing in at 7lb. 5oz. and 19.5" long. The poor thing was so shocked she waited 10 minutes to cry even though she was breathing fine. She finally cried, and I finally recovered from the shock as well. We are so glad to add little Kristen to our growing family.
check out the video Adam made
http://animoto.com/play/mQ1W9JBg8v5JEEjZ5kCETQ
I love the video! Congrats again! Call if you need anything :)
ReplyDelete