Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's a . . .

We said, well really I said, that we were not going to find out the gender of the baby this time.  But, we did.  Deep down I guess I really did want to know, and Adam likes to find out asap anyway.  I could have looked away when she was looking at the lower half of the baby, but how could I miss those little feet?  So, as soon as I saw it, I knew.  Its another GIRL!!! Considering both Adam and I were convinced it was a boy, there was some serious shock in the doctor's office.  Of course, we had the ultrasound tech confirm what I saw, and Adam had her double check twice.  He even asked the poor woman if she was new.  John Paul cried because he has been praying for a brother since before I got pregnant, which may be another reason I was so sure it was a boy.  That said, we are THRILLED to have another sweet girl in this family.  What fun!  Adam's family can't believe it because of the sheer volume of boys for generations on that side.  There's been two girls in several generations, not to mention Adam is one of six boys, and sweet Susannah the only girl in his immediate family.  I think John Paul and his dad will have a very special bond in this house that is about to full of girls.  I cannot wait to see how the dynamic will work out after this one is born.  Kristen is the current doll baby that everybody takes care of, even Alayna, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out with a new baby in the house.

2 comments: