Adam and Beth's crazy world of fumbling through parenthood and trying to raise little saints
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Here We Go Again
I know some people are going to read this and think we are absolutely nuts and glutton for punishment. Well, in some ways I'd have to agree with you. I mean we are running a half marathon in November, and we do have three children four and under, and we weren't planning on having another baby this soon, but the best laid plans o mice and men. If you haven't figured it out, yes, we are pregnant with number four. I thought if this happened I would be upset and crying and basically checking myself into a mental institute. Surprisingly, I am okay with it. Neither of us wanted this happen to right now, in our perfect plans we were going to wait until Kristen turned two before discussing having more. That does not sound very open to life now does it? My good friend reminded me that if God had not sneaked one in on us we may not have been open to God's plans for our family for a long time because we'd be so in control of my fertility. Being open to God's will in this matter has been on my heart in prayer lately, so I know He has been preparing me for this. I could not imagine standing before the throne of Heaven and Jesus showing to me little souls that he wanted to send into the world that our selfishness may have prevented (shudder). Don't get me wrong, there are serious reasons, including spacing for the sake of sanity, to avoid pregnancy, but when God does thwart our plans and surprise us with a little soul for the Kingdom, our response ought to be one of joy. Mainly because God knows what is best for us and our salvation no matter what we happen to think. Yes, it is hard having so many little ones so close, but it is also incredibly wonderful and fulfilling. And, now that I have the baby thing down, I am more worried about John Paul and Alayna (still) and how they are going to turn out. They are my guinea pigs and we learning how to raise little saints with them! So, already I can say it was harder going from one to two than two to three, and I think the trend will continue, or so I hear from many wisend and experienced mothers. Its amazing that despite being sick as a dog (thank God for zofriend!), I am already in love with this seven week old baby swimming around inside of me. God has plans for this little soul and every soul in our family, and in being open to life we need not be afraid of God's will, which is love and mercy itself. So rejoice with us as expect a new baby around April 10, 2011!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats!
ReplyDeleteWe're so happy for you all! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete