Monday, December 14, 2009

Its not even 3pm !!!


Today was one of those days in which one is keenly aware that her vocation to motherhood is sanctification. It began in the one o'clock hour with our precious baby girl waking up to nurse, it continued with a four o'clock feeding, followed by a 6:30 am wake up. Praise God! My saintly husband got up with the "big" kids and let me sleep till 8. Thus, my day began with being over tired, but that's nothing new. While I was showering, my spirited and mischevious two and four year olds decided to clean their room. You think this would be a good thing, unless you realize they are using THREE different soaps from the bathroom on the carpet. Don't let the blue eyes and sweet smiles fool you, they really are very busy little bees, especially if no one is looking. Fast forward to mommy making lunch at the stove with above mentioned precious baby in her high chair laughing with the four year old. Suddenly, the laughing turns to crying when mommy realizes that she has been sprayed in the FACE with Clorox anywhere spray. I quickly splashed water on her face, and I can tell you she loved that, turned off the stove, and put the baby in the bath to clean her off. As I am occupied with this activity, the two year old wets her pants and goes downstairs to clean herself off with toilet water. Ahh!!! Can they get into anything else today?!?! So now the big kids are put into the bath tub, and its two o'clock and still no lunch. My two year old went down for a nap without lunch, yes I sometimes forget to feed the children, and I returned to the stove to finish cooking lunch. My four old ate happily and my food got cold as the baby once again needed nursing, Tylenol for her teeth, and a little song to go to sleep. Just another day in the life of a mom with three. AMDG

1 comment:

  1. Oh. Man. I feel for you. Definitely been there. How scary with the clorox though. I use vinegar water with a few drops of essential oil for everyday cleaning just in case the kids get ahold of it. They can spray away, drink it if they like and it won't necessitate a call to poison control. It took me a few moments like the above to figure it out. LOL
    Hope you get the grace of an early bedtime tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete